Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Here is a detailed map of all the murders in Chicago this past decade and why you SHOULD visit the city in spite of it. Don't deny yourself this experience!!


I have lived in Northern Illinois for a year now. I have visited downtown Chicago many times.  I ALWAYS feel safe.  Those of you who are familiar with the area, I often walk from Union Station to different points along Lake Shore Drive and in between.

I circled that area on the map above.  It is considered the Downtown area of Chicago. It is a bit of an oasis relative to what you see around it.  The little finger-like area jutting out into Lake Michigan on the rigtht is the famous Navy Pier.

I only post this to tell you that, from my experience, visiting Downtown Chicago is safe and I NEVER get hassled by anyone.  People politely ask for money, but do not pressure you.  Again, that is MY experience.

So, don't miss out on visiting a great city. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

View My Stats