Wednesday, January 12, 2011

PBS Frontline Documentary on Haiti and the lack of the rule of law--Really shocking stuff I was not aware of...

I saw this on TV last night...It is about the lack of civil control in Haiti today...As much as I try to keep up with what is going on in the world, I was shocked and dismayed by the extent of the lack of the rule of law and the anarchy that apparently reigns in most of Port au Prince.  It is compelling to watch and worth the time, if it is your cup of tea.  On the bright side, I was heartened by some of the comments from Haitians and their desire to be self-sufficient.  Many believe the relief efforts actually HURT the re-building of the country. They ALL believe the political system is corrupt and is their worst enemy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

View My Stats