Sunday, March 21, 2010

Going Bald---Doing my patriot duty to control healthcare costs---Your Welcome...

I am glad that I can once again be of service to my country...:) (Picture is NOT me...)

From BBC:  Baldness 'could be good for your health' say scientists
A receding hairline can be a good thing, according to US scientists, who say men who go bald by 30 appear to be less likely to develop prostate cancer.  Researchers at the University of Washington School of Medicine studied 2,000 men aged between 40 and 47. They were able to link high levels of the male hormone testosterone in those who lose their hair earlier with a lower risk of tumours. The findings are published in the journal Cancer Epidemiology. Half of the men in this study had suffered prostate cancer. Researchers compared the rate of tumours in those who said their hair had thinned by the age of 30 with those who did not suffer hair loss. Men who had started to develop bald spots on the top of their heads as well as receding hairlines had a 29% to 45% reduction in the risk of prostate cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

View My Stats