|Source: Social Security Administration|
(1) increase the percentage paid by workers to something more than 6.2%
(2) decrease payments to Social Security recipients (i.e. indexing to a chained CPI)
(3) Some combination of (1) and (2)
(4) Economic Growth---Get to Full-Employment with higher wages (or even without) so at 6.2% more money is available for the "olds".
(5) Immigration---it is a numbers game. The quantity and quality of your migrants. If our domestic population is not growing sufficiently then we must look outside the borders.
Am I missing any other solutions? I would like to add to my list...