Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Both candidates are "LYING" when they say they are not going to raise your taxes. If you think a Tariff is NOT a tax then move on. You will not be interested in this posting...

Ok, maybe "lying" is a little harsh.  However, I am perplexed by politicians. Guessing I am not alone.

Both President Obama and Gov Romney have pledged to not raise taxes on the "Middle Class".  Seem pretty adamant about it.

However, they both seem to accept, rather proudly in fact, tariffs as a punitive measure against "foreigners", specifically China but it could be any country.
Obama: ""When I said that we had to make sure that China was not flooding our domestic market with cheap tires, Governor Romney said I was being protectionist, that it wouldn’t be helpful to American workers. Well, in fact we saved a thousand jobs, and that’s the kind of tough trade actions that are required"".

Romney:  On day one, I will label China a currency manipulator, which will allow me as president to be able to put in place, if necessary, tariffs where I believe that they are taking unfair advantage of our manufacturers.
 
Tariffs ARE taxes imposed on imports coming in to the US.  They serve to increase the price of those imports for consumers! That is what they are supposed to do in order to protect a domestic producer from foreign competition in the name of "fairness".

 Most of the things that are subject to the HIGHEST tariffs are purchased by low income and middle class people. 

Am I being to condemning to suggest that BOTH candidates are "lying" when it comes to saying they are not going to raise taxes on the American people. 

Do you have ANY idea how much you pay in TOTAL in tariffs on the goods you buy from those scary foreigners?  I don't either, but I will come up with some examples for you. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

View My Stats