Friday, May 18, 2012

Nice interactive---Where would YOU cut Defense spending to reduce government spending? See what I did HERE...

Think YOU can cut the military budget in order to reduce deficit spending?  Go to the interactive HERE and try for yourself.  Below this first picture of the interactive is the box on the left and the "cuts" I made--at total of $173 billion over 10 years.  Low hanging fruit and, for me, relatively easy cuts to make.  How did you do?? (HT: to website Chart for the link)



2 comments:

  1. Every time the subject comes up, defense cuts to save money, my mind goes to the Roman withdrawal from Britain.

    Beginning of the end, it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seldom worry about serious Defense cuts. It is one area of Federal spending that reaches every(?) Congressional district AND has the emotional appeal to stave off any serious challenge. The only real hope of those who want to "cut" defense spending is to slow down the growth rate of spending. I have pretty much given up the idea the "smart, targeted and timely spending" can occur at the Federal level. At least this is the cynical story I tell students. :)

      Delete

View My Stats