Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I may get burned for saying this, but I REALLY like Solar Power! Nice job, White House!

I don't know why I am such a sucker for solar power, but it seems like tapping into this infinite (infinite in terms of as long as humans exist)  resource is a no-brainer.  I certainly understand the technology is not there yet for widespead adoption to run our economy, but it seems like the most promising frontier.  I am not a "green" person by any stretch of the imagination, but we have to get off of fossil fuels everntually, so I think it is good forward thinking policy (nationally and internationally) to move on it as quickly as possible...Where am I going wrong? Go ahead, pop my dream bubble! Extra credit for good counter-examples. 

USA Today: White House to get solar power

""The Obama administration announced Tuesday that the White House will have solar panels to generate electricity and a solar water heater atop the living quarters by spring 2011...""
View My Stats