Friday, March 12, 2010

Mr Harrison (Calculus teacher) made my Camry accelerate unexpectedly....

Apparently I am not old enough to have a Toyota acceleration problem with the BRAND NEW Camry I bought, oh, two weeks BEFORE the recall....guessin' that is why I got such a good deal on it. Note the ages of identified owners who experienced an acceleration....I am  not quite there yet, but as Chris Rock says, "I dont agree, but I understand"...

From Marginal Revolution: Here is Ted Frank on the Toyota sudden acceleration problem.
The Los Angeles Times recently did a story detailing all of the NHTSA reports of Toyota “sudden acceleration” fatalities, and, though the Times did not mention it, the ages of the drivers involved were striking.

In the 24 cases where driver age was reported or readily inferred, the drivers included those of the ages 60, 61, 63, 66, 68, 71, 72, 72, 77, 79, 83, 85, 89—and I’m leaving out the son whose age wasn’t identified, but whose 94-year-old father died as a passenger.

These “electronic defects” apparently discriminate against the elderly, just as the sudden acceleration of Audis and GM autos did before them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

View My Stats