Friday, December 25, 2009

Are Zombie Movies the NEXT "Bubble" To Bring Down the Economy???

I am out of my league in discussing Zombie movies,  but those of you who love them may be interested this information....I got this from this blog. The writer is suggesting there may be a "bubble" forming in the genre and it is reaching critical mass.
From the beginning of the zombie movie in 1932 through 2002, there were an average of 3.23 zombie movies per year. From 2003 through 2010, there were an average of 103.88 zombie movies per year. I think much of this growth was driven by the success of 2002's 28 Days Later, which grossed over $82 million, with a budget of only £5 million. Next, 2004 brought us a re-make of Dawn of the Dead, which grossed $102 million with a budget of $28 million. After that, the market was flush with zombie-dollars ready to fund the next 28 Days Later or Dawn of the Dead. Unfortunately, for every 28 Days Later, there were dozens more like Diary of the Dead (2008), which had a budget of $2 million and grossed $5 million, despite being directed by George Romero, who had 39 years of zombie movie experience.

I don't know much about this but I do like graphs and I am always interested in what they say about a particular time especially when there is a tremendous spike in one period of time like this one.


 I am STILL haunted by this movie I saw when I was about 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

View My Stats