Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Information Age Revolution in the Middle East could NOT have happened without the Information Age Revolution in the Middle Ages--- GREAT map showing why....

 (HT: Carpe Diem)...As we marvel at how the viral spread of social media, driven by internet technology, has spurred revolution in the Middle East, perhaps we should pay hommage to the original viral information age---the Middle Ages and the invention of the printing press...Graph below shows the "viral spread" of the printing press in a relatively short period of time, 50 years (well, a short time in the 1400's!!)...Amazing...

Source: This STUDY HERE
It is a VERY short analysis that is very informative


2 comments:

  1. Sometimes the question about the greatest human achievement is posed to me and I usually answer with the invention of the printing press by Johannes Gutenburg. It is really amazing to see how accessible information can drastically progress a society. Living in the 21st century is truly unique to all of human history because of the infinite amount of information readily available. If I wanted to search potato yield in Idaho, I could have it available in no time. (In 2009 the yield was $855 million. That took me about 1 minute.) I wonder, however, where the carrying capacity for information lies. I think that we are at a pivotal point where our education is based almost entirely upon how we process information and not if we can get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart post and so good blog
    thanks for you good information and i hope to subscribe and visit my blog Ancient Egyptian Jewelry and more Ancient Egypt History thanks again admin

    ReplyDelete

View My Stats