Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Conservatives don't be happy, Liberals don't be unhappy---No drilling will take place--see may gurarantee...

Conservatives stop celebrating and Liberals stop fretting---There will be NO drilling!!!  This proposal will require congressional approval AND if you ACTUALLY read the Pres. remarks the only relevent part is what I have in bold below:
"That's why my administration will consider potential areas for development in the mid and south Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico, while studying and protecting sensitive areas in the Arctic."
WILL CONSIDER means just that...A very non-committal commitment...Environmental impact studies, ad nauseum, will have to be done this will NOT happen any time soon, if at all...This is just a shewrd political tactic to calm the waters after the Healtcare  Bill controversy.  Call me cynical, but if I was a political advisor this is exactly what I would do--Genius!  Swing back to the middle.  I will be bold myself...If ONE site in these areas has an oil platform in it within 5 years from now, I will buy ANYONE who leaves a comment on this post TWO FREE tanks of gasoline...I am that confident... :)

4 comments:

  1. Sweet! I agree with you, but no harm no foul in leaving a comment. If there isn't a platform, I don't have to buy you two free tanks, do I?

    www.bonsaifromtheright.blogspot.com

    See ya in 5 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to join in the potential for a couple free tanks of gas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abigail Quinn said: I'm confident I won't get any gasoline from you either. At the same time he talked about opening up places to drill, he named off even more places we won't be drilling. Not to mention that the dept of interior will make it nice and complicated to actually implement in the few places he did approve - or, as you said "will consider". ... you knew Obama wasn't serious. There's no way you change from passing government run healthcare one day and change to a capitalist the next... can't fool us... ; )

    ReplyDelete

View My Stats