Friday, October 11, 2013

Where I am today mentally...

We just moved from Illinois to Ohio. Have been without TV for about 7 weeks. We just got it hooked up.  I am a confirmed cable news junkie (with a dose of CSPAN), but watching it the last couple of days has dispirited me.  The analysis by the taking heads with obvious biases makes it more painful to listen to.  I think I will stick to reading blogs where reason and intellect, for the most part, prevails.

The last few days  I have settled for watching The Waltons and Columbo on Netflix. If you don't know either of those old shows you don't know what you are missing. :)

Anyway, made this meme to reflect my mood...



2 comments:

  1. Wow, you moved again... What's that, twice in a year? That probably contributes to your kitten-face.

    Always liked Columbo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, moved again. I am a lowly teacher and the wife is the executive with Verizonwireless. My salary expendable, hers pays the bills. :)

      We are in the northern suburbs of Columbus now. Gotta say, I love the area and I LOVE the traffic compared to the Chicago area. Visited Ohio State U the other day. Getting an idea of why college is so expensive. It is like going to a resort with some academic classes mixed in. Not sure why a student would ever want to leave. Their standard of living (factoring in leisure with the aesthetics) will never be as good.

      Working on getting my teaching certificate. I will soon possess 3 from 3 different states. Maybe I will go for the other 47. Fame and modest fortune await...

      Delete

View My Stats