Saturday, December 3, 2011

Which President in the last 40 years can claim the title of "Small Government" President, in terms of the Federal Workforce? Better look at this before you answer...

Can you identify the US President(s) since 1970 who have decreased the Federal Workforce significantly during their time in office?...Regardless of your political affiliation, are you feeling a little conflicted right now?? Kinda looks like there is only ONE "small government" President, doesn't it??
FRED Graph

4 comments:

  1. Oh, and you can see the census peaks in there!

    ...it almost looks like the census caused the recessions, except for that last glitch there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Art---I got this graph from Yglesis, not a partisan source. I wanted to see if my students would catch that it includes ALL levels of govt, not just Federal. Obama cannot be responsible for the decrease in state and local workers that I believe, are largely represented by the little downward trend for his administration. I would like to see this plotted against population. What has happened to the Fed worker per capita ratio over time. Not sure it matters, but those of us interested in graphs ALWAYS like to see the picture... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ***should have said a partisan source...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, myself, am going to have to say President Bush and one of his job bills would have to be responsible for the downturn in the federal workforce. Since the economy has gone into a rut, that will serve as my best guess.

    ReplyDelete

View My Stats