Monday, September 12, 2011

The writing is on the wall (or E-Reader) for the book publishing industry. Nice graphic showing price/profit differences between the two mediums.

Creative Destruction is working its way through the publishing industry, via technological advancement and book readers willing acceptance of the change.  The bottom line is, well, the bottom line $$: E-books are more profitable on a per unit basis.

You better go take a picture of your local bookstore to show to your grand kids someday---"Really, Grandpa/ma, they had buildings JUST for books?--That's crazy!"...(Don't laugh--when was the last time you went to a video store?)

Source: Wall Street Journal

2 comments:

  1. Which Ereader is the best one to get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one of the older models of the Kindle, and was dissappointed with it. Not as convenient to navigate as I thought it would be. I have an I-phone not with the Kindle App. Although it is small I really find it easy to use and to read the print. I dont have an I-Pad, but assume it would be much better. If I upgrade it will be to an I-pad. Thank you for commenting! I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

View My Stats