Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A nice, simple gasoline tax graphic for the US....

I have posted something similar in terms of the variation in gasoline taxes in the US, but this graphic is a much more simple visual.  The Federal gas tax is $.184 (18.4 Cents). So subtract that from the numbers you see and you have the State tax assessed per gallon of gasoline. It is important to recognize this when looking at the differences in the total price of a gallon of gas around the nation.

Source: Econobrowser


2 comments:

  1. This is a very interesting graphic and I didn't know that the gas price varied that much from state to state. I wonder if it would be possible to proportionately redistribute the burden of gas tax from state to state to alleviate states that rely on gas heavily. Then states like Indiana and Ohio that export many agricultural products may be able to do so more efficiently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recently, my Grandma flew in from California and when she saw our gas prices she was overjoyed. I thought that our gas prices were high, but my Grandma told me that they were much higher back in California. We were both surprised by how much they actually differed. It makes me realize that even though we're going through tough times to stay positive because there are people out there who are going through worse.

    ReplyDelete

View My Stats