Saturday, December 11, 2010

Keller ISD Survey on when students should start making college plans...I COMPLETELY disagree with the most popular choice!!

Poll is on the homepage for Keller ISD and open to anyone who goes to it, so it is by NO means scientific.  I find the results interesting for a number of reasons. See my blog post from earlier today to get a feel for why I think this is not accurate. What do you think????

When do you think a student should start making plans for college?



Senior year (4130) (BLUE)
Junior year (667) (RED)
Sophomore year (497) (GREEN)
Freshman year or earlier (1411) (ORANGE)
Total Number of Responses: 6705

1 comment:

  1. I am going to have to disagree as well. I was pretty shocked to see that a vast majority voted that senior year is the best time that a student prepares for college. I had to do a double take, for I thought that the majority would have clearly voted freshmen year or earlier. Basing this off of my personal experience in preparing for college, I would have been completely lost if I were to begin preparing for college my senior year. I believe that one should begin preparing for college even before freshmen year (even if that is as simple as taking pre-ap classes in middle school). Many students go into high school without taking advanced courses, and are; therefore, not prepared for the work they receive in college. I think students should begin taking their SATs and ACTs as early as possible to get a feel for what the test is like. I have personally made this mistake. I only took my first SAT at the end of my junior year. While some may think this is early to take the SAT, I personally thought I should have been more prepared and taken it earlier in the year. It is never too early to begin preparing for college. If a student starts preparing early, the less time they will have to spend "cramming" to get everything accomplished their senior year.

    ReplyDelete

View My Stats