Thursday, February 11, 2010

Your Cell Phone is the New "Blood Diamond" with Tragic Consequences...Do you care???

I have only VERY recently become aware of the extent of the horrific situation in the Eastern Congo and it has weighed heavily on my mind. The conflict there has taken some 6 million lives in the course of the "civil war".  The situation seems so hopeless.  The conflict is driven (not completely, but in large part) by the violent pursuit of minerals that are exported/smuggled to feed the global cell phone manufacturing market.  I feel compelled to do SOMETHING, even if only token in nature. Please watch this short video  and  visit the website http://www.enoughproject.org/  and let me know if you want to try to do something as well.  I will be writing about this problem in more detail soon.  THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

View My Stats